SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is marketing strategy about getting the top ranking on Google search results. In other words, it is the procedure by which organisations optimize their website in order to increase Visibility and Ranking in search engines. In this article, you will learn about Scope of SEO in 2021.
SEO is not just adding new content but also optimizing the keywords in the content and building authoritative backlinks and waiting for the results. Due to the continually evolving nature of Google algorithms, SEO is becoming more and more complicated and requires specialists, preferably a professional who has pursued a digital marketing course, and one who has worked on SEO projects.
SEO Industry Statistics
- 68% of internet experience begins with a search engine. (BrightEdge)
- 0.78% of Google Searchers click on the links on the second page. (Backlinko)
- 53.3% of the internet traffic comes from organic searches. (BrightEdge)
- 92.96% of global traffic is from Google Search, Google Photos and Google Maps. (Sparktoro)
- SEO generates 1000% more traffic than organic social media. (BrightEdge)
- 69.7% of search queries contain four or more words. (Ahrefs)
- 60% of marketers claim that inbound (SEO, blog content, is their highest quality lead source. (HubSpot)
- SEO leads have a close rate of 14.6%. (HubSpot)
Skills Required For SEO Professional
1. Basic Coding Skills:
To succeed in SEO, you do not have to be a professional programmer. When you are hired in a company for the SEO profession, there will be a separate coding team. But in order to perform Technical SEO, working knowledge of HTML and CSS is required. Heading tags H1-H6, Meta tags, Title Tags, Alt-tags, XML sitemaps, status codes, robots.txt, and the ability to solve crawl issues are among the essential technical SEO skills.
2. Analytical Skills:
Analytical thinking can help to measure the success of Internet marketing campaigns and the performance of the website in order for a more impactful future course of action.