Importing a chart of accounts is additive, the import will add accounts to the existing chart of accounts, but won’t remove any duplicate or QuickBooks online default accounts. When the user imports the chart of accounts, the type and detail type must match the types available in QuickBooks online. In case they don’t tally, then the user can either get a red error message and will have to change each line manually, or the import operation will fail.
To know more about importing chart of accounts into QuickBooks, make sure to read this post till the end or You can ring up to our experts at +1-844-405-0906, and they will ensure to provide you with immediate technical assistance.
Requirements to import the files into QuickBooks desktop
The user will have to keep a check on the requirements to import the files, before performing the steps below:
· The user will have to import file size should be limit to 2 MB or 1000 rows per import
· Moreover, the users can import sub-accounts by using the parent account name
· Also, the file must be in Excel or CSV format and must have account type and name fields
· Along with that, all columns must include the headings
Steps to import chart of accounts in QuickBooks desktop
The user can import the charts of accounts in QuickBooks, using the steps below:
· Start off with logging in to the QBO account
· And then, tap on the gear icon which is on the top right-hand corner of the page
· Further, click on import data
· Now, tap on the chart of accounts icon
· Also, tap on the link that says download a sample file
· Moreover, open the downloaded file and clear the sample data
· The last step is to copy the data in one column at a time
By the end of this post, the user might successfully get a brief about the process to import charts of accounts into QuickBooks desktop successfully.
However, for further technical assistance, you can reach out to our QuickBooks premier customer support team of professionals at +1-844-405-0906, and let them handle the situation on your behalf.